Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and Jenn and I were taking the kids to our parent's house where we would all enjoy Mom's burritos. Dad made an Italian Wedding Cake for dessert! When I heard it was going to be made from scratch, I was afraid. But it was delicious!

Anyway, Mom and Dad's house is just around the corner from mine. Seth and I decided to walk the dogs over there. I try to take my dogs for a walk as much as possible; usually about 3 to 4 times a week. So Seth and I are walking down the street with our two pooches Princess Yuki and Tosche-To and Jenn's pomeranian Mini Moon. Jenn was driving the girls with their boyfriends in her Jeep, as Rosie's back is messed up.

So Seth and I are walking down the street, and Jenn and the kids haven't left my driveway. We are several houses down from my house when I hear a noise and to my horror, it was a HUGE pitbull busting out of her house towards our little babies! She headed right for me and Yuki. My dogs have harnesses, and I pulled Yuki up by it and into my arms and held her up high. The dog was trying to smell Yuki's butt, and hadn't noticed Seth with the other two dogs. The owners came running out of the house and tried to contain her. She didn't have a collar on, and it was taking both of them to hold her.

She noticed Tosche-To and Mini Moon and went toward them. The owners were saying that she just wanted to play, which I could tell was true, but all it would take is one of our dogs to bite her, and the situation could've become bloody and horrific. I told Seth to pick up Tosche-To and Moon, but Moon kept running away, and he was having a hard time doing it. Finally, Jenn and the kids pulled up in the Jeep, and we stuffed our little pooches in the car! Jenn drove them and Seth and I walked.

The pitbull had both of her owners on her, still. She didn't have a collar on, and that's why they were having such a hard time! Also, they were little, short people, and for some reason, the man was holding onto his guitar almost the whole time!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Yikes, tht could have been bad. It's a good thing the dog just wanted to play and you didn't get a vicious one. But I don't blame the breed, I blame the owners. Pit Bulls can be great dogs. Nana

MrManuel said...

Yeah, you never know what is going to happen when a fog runs at you. Glad it ended up ok.

Sharon said...

Luckily the pit bull was friendly... I would have been frightened too when he headed in my direction.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

I used to have teo pitbulls. They are great dogs. So very sweet. Lucky for the pitbull Moonie didn't get a hold of it. She would have chewed it eye out. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, I really appreciated that blog, I am going to get a collar for Tyson today. We stop making him wear one after he got too big for his old one. He is a very friendly pit, but you never know if he gets out with other dogs. I love your blog guys.

Sheena