Friday, May 18, 2007

Finally!

Well, folks! I got a job! It is the first place that called me! I had a second interview, and then nothing. That was two weeks ago, so I knew I didn't get it. But then, Wednesday night, the attorney called me! He asked if I was still looking, and I said yes! We had a meeting, and as it turns out, the original lead secretary left! The new one, who was hired because she has more experience than me, is taking her position! Weird, eh?

The office is really close by my house, so I can go home for lunch and let my pooches out to potty. The hours are 8-5 Monday thru Friday, so I finally have a full-time position! They are giving me my hourly rate, too! The attorney kept telling me how relaxed the atomosphere there is. No rushes. No deadlines. No litigation, for that matter. He sends litigation out to another attorney! No benefits, but I don't need medical or dental because I have Medi-Cal. I am going to try to start saving for retirement myself.

I was let go from my last job on April 16th. I read my horoscope online the next day and it said that I was going to go through a four week thrifty faze. I read my Tarot cards, and they said I would get a new job very soon! I got the call about the job on the 16th of this month! That was way true!

So, hopefully I will be at this job for, at the very least, a couple of years. I am waaaaay sick of looking for a job! It is soooo nice to put the classified section of the paper to the side! I start Monday! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

5 comments:

Mom said...

congratulations darling. Just be yourself and do the best you can. I have faith! Love ya! nana

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it has been a month already since the end of the last job. Where does the time go? This sounds so perfect..lunch near home, full time, and the pay you wanted! Excellent. I hope you really like it there.

MrManuel said...

Good luck on your first day! Congrats!

Sharon said...

Congratulations! Sounds good... Interviewing sucks. Luckily you don't need the benefits or else you might be out there searching all over again. Good-Luck!

Crazy Bitch said...

Hey, everybody! I'm commenting from work. It's a little boring. I'M NOT COMPLAINING, THOUGH!
money, money, money, money, money. . .