Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Heh, heh

I stopped crying and got ready for my job interview. It occured to me that I might get this position, and then unemployment would just be a terrible memory. I was ready early, so I called the office to see if they would like me to come in right then. They said, "Great! See you in a few minutes!" The interview went beautifully! It seems that my experience is exactly what they need! Also, the office is just 5 to 10 minutes away! The position is part-time right now, but the two secretaries I interviewed with are going to push for full-time. They have a huge pile of judgments that need to be worked, and I know how to move a huge pile of anything, let alone judgments! A second interview with the actual attorney is needed and before I left, the senior secretary said I would be hearing from her! Please, God, let me KEEP this one!

When I got back, I felt better. I calmly started to look through all my records that I keep ever so neatly, (not!), in the corner. The dust may still give me a migraine, but I don't care. I found a statement from Social Security! It was for 2004, though. I called un-employment, and actually got in to hold right away! I was on hold for about 7-10 minutes, but at last I got someone. He said the statement would be fine, and that they really want a copy of my driver's license and something for address verification. So I made the appropriate copies, threw in a copy of my last W2's, and they are waiting for the mailperson right now. Whew! So, I will at least still get unemployment money! I can still get it if I am not working full-time, too! Again, whew!

I'm a freaker-outer! Sometimes I just have to remember to calm down because nobody is going to explode if things don't go smoothly. Bumps in the road are all part of life, and flippin' out helps no one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts coming your way sweetie. Hang in there. I love you. :-)