Monday, September 04, 2006

Our Crocodile Hunter


Seth and I are devastated about Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter's death. Just devastated.

Seth has been a fan of The Crocodile Hunter since Steve came onto the scene. I had bought a plastic crocodile for Seth to jump on and wrestle. I learned how to speak in an Australian accent. I even had a crush on him.

As people who know what it's like to lose a father, we are very sad for his family. Terri, Bindi Sue and little Bob were as dear to us as Steve himself. We said a prayer for Steve and his family.

Many times, when I watched him on tv, I would wonder how he was still alive. He got so close to the animals! He really had a set of balls on him! I guess getting too close to the animals is what got him, but he died doing what he loved.

He will really be missed in our household, and indeed by our entire family. MrManuel and Princess M have also written about this very talented, caring and brave man.

Steve Irwin was and is an inspiration. He inspired us to care about the animals; he inspired us to love the "unloveable" creatures, such as crocodiles. He actually made them cute, and petlike, almost. He inspired us to be brave and to not let anything stop us. He showed us what enthusiasm really is. Steve Irwin made a big mark on this world, and in our hearts. We will miss him terribly, and never forget him. He has gone home, but we will be with him again, in time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to watch Steve's show with Seth and enjoyed all his adventures and that adorable "wild man" persona of his. I particulary remember his description of the day he met his wife. He was so cute talking about how he saw her in the crowd and his heart starting thumping. He just knew she was for him. I grieve for him and am sorry his adventures on earth have come to an end. I take comfort knowing he died doing what he loved. We should all be so lucky.

Princess M said...

He will be missed by so many people. I pray for his family. He was so close to his work mates too. They too were his family. He was just so full of love and everybody knew it. May we all have more some steve in us and love, really love what we do and who we do it with.

MrManuel said...

Like I said on mine, he will be missed...

Anonymous said...

he will be missed soon as i herd about it i thought of seth , yeah poor guy rest in peace