Sunday, September 03, 2006

In the Beginning...



I can't believe I'm going to say this, but it was 20 years ago that I met my husband,Greg. I was a junior in High School. We had just moved and Encina was the school I had to go to.

On the first day of school, I was trying to find all my classes. First period was Drama. I loved this class. It was my favorite. This guy Chip came up to me and asked me if I needed help. We looked at my schedule and discovered that we had the next period together, too. He said he would walk me to class.

When I got to my next class, I looked around the room real quick to see what seats where available. I sat down and heared a lot of girls talking " Oh what did you do? Are you going to be Ok?" I turned around and there he was, sitting there with a broken ankle. About five girls hanging around him. I thought to myself "Oh God". I rolled my eyes and turned away.

A couple of weeks later our class got changed and we had to move down the hall. Our teacher had us sitting differently, (so we could all see each other and share our ideas). A few more weeks went by and I was still keeping to myself. I really hated being the new kid, so I would listen to everyone in class. That way I would know something about the people around me.

I heard Greg complaining and saying "Well she NEVER talks to me!" I looked around because I wanted to know who he was talking to. And he said " Yeah! You! You never talk to me! I said " Well,I don't know you!" After that, well it was really hard to get rid of him. We went on our first date and I just fell for him. But I was just 16, and I wasn't looking for anything permanent. I tried to break up with him NINE times! And then, he wouldn't take me to the Prom! He was just being a jerk! I went without him. I went with our mutual friend, Garth.

When he saw me in my prom dress, all made up, he was really sorry he had punked out! He told me so that night! He never let me go with another man, again. From that point on, we were Jenn & Greg.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember it all. You came home from school and told me all about him.

Princess M said...

OMG! You two were so young. Garth. Haaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa! I remember him too. Do you ali? LOL! JK. 20 years ago. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Time does fly. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago. You are so old now, ha ha! Not me though!!!

MrManuel said...

Wow, those are some old pictures. I think Grandma might still have the picture of you and Garth and prom up in her family room.

I miss Greg...

Anonymous said...

wow im glad you went with daddy because it would of been horible if i looked like garth lol