Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Crap!

Last Wednesday, I was let go from the first of my two part-time jobs. I am pretty sad and also happy.

I am sad because I will be even poorer and I will miss my boss. He was the most kind and understanding boss I have ever had. He never minded when I had a migraine, and was indeed very concerned for me when I did. He was generous in my pay per hour, and birthday and Christmas gifts. I will never forget "Sir."

I am happy I am not there anymore because I didn't get along very well with Sir's secretary. She was always crabby and short-tempered. She used to snap at me almost everyday I was there. She made me so nervous that I had a hard time learning. (I have been learning very well at my second job because they are so laid back.) Everything had to be perfect, and nobody's perfect.

I had just begun to "get it," when I was let go. They just didn't have enough work for me.

I went to work at my only job, now, yesterday. I had a full day, and got a lot done. Nobody there thinks things have to be perfect. Not even the boss, who is Sir's best friend. I hope work doesn't run out there, too. I really like it there. I am hoping that someday, they'll hire me full time. I wouldn't have to worry about my migraines because my boss there is also very understanding, and much more laid back than Sir.

Besides, I am going to the doctor at the end of the month, and am hoping allergy shots will cause me to have much fewer migraines. Then I'll only have my emotional problems to deal with, which I must say is getting better. I am beginning to think I may not need anti-depressants. This has just been a hard time in my life. After all, I AM getting divorced and being forced back into the work place with this debilitating condition.

But for some reason, I am feeling really strong today. I usually feel weak and ineffective when I lose a job, but today I feel like I'll be able to take care of myself and my son once I begin my allergy shots. It must be HOPE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Allison! You are as strong as you allow yourself to be. I hope they will give you more hours now that you are available more. Good luck sweetie. You do deserve to be happy. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

That was good Allison. Good luck to you as well. I know you can accomplish anything, as long as you put your mind to it. Keep us posted. Love you!

MrManuel said...

Way to stay positive. You're awesome!