Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy F*$# Birthday to me

Sunday was my 35th birthday. Man, I am sooo sick of this! It used to be fun, getting older. It was like, yay, I’m big enough to eat a Big Mac! Yay, 16! I can drive! And, yay 21, I can drink! Now it’s just you getting older and uglier! Why is God doing this to us? Whyyyyy?!

What do I have to look forward to?

It’s scary, watching your life just slip away. It seems that time gets shorter and shorter and you just keep getting pushed closer and closer to the end of the high dive; which of course, is Death. (Yes, I was "Goth," as a teenager, but it was called "Vogue," waaaay back then.)

But then there are days like the other day, where I’m laying there in my bed with an alien trying to pop out of my head, and death is like, an eternity away. How long do I have to put up with this, I ask! What is the purpose of all this crap?

Then I remember the answer to that question that I always tell people. Why do we live and die? Well, with eternal life yawning ahead of us, WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO? So I groan and swing my arm like Napoleon Dynamite, and get on with my boring, painful life as best as I can. Begrudgingly, of course.

No, I don’t have a good outlook on life right now. Good for you if you do. I am venting, and that is why I called myself, "Crazy Bitch," because I know you folks will read this and say to yourselves, "What a crazy bitch!" Was I wrong?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope people understand that the alien popping out of your head was the migraine. You aren't THAT crazy. Hope today is a better day.

MrManuel said...

I did get the alien popping out of your head was a mirgraine. I don't mind birhdays or getting older. At 28, I should be dreading reaching 30, bit I don't really care. Just a number..

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm just getting caught up on the blogs. I haven't had a chance. Sorry you had such a bad migraine and I did understand the alien thing. I know I didn't call you on your day but I did get to celebrate with you before so I hope I'm excused. I understand the getting older thing but it never really bothered me until this year when I turned 50 and realized that I have outlived myself - meaning I know I won't live another 50. At least turning 35 you feel pretty safe living another 35 but not at 50. Oh well - I'm living every minute and enjoying myself. You should too! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

haha to all of you i win im 16