Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What the.......?

It's almost time for Jenn to get here from work, and there's a knock on the door. I was wondering who the heck it could be. Turns out it was this lady with her two daughters in tow, wanting to know if I'm the owner of the orange cat, (my cat Anakin, I forgot to mention him. Oh, and I have a black female cat named Momma). I said yeah, he's my cat. She's all, "You need to keep him in your house! He's been crapping on my lawn furniture!"

Where do these people come from, and why do they find me?

I tell her he's an outdoor cat, not going into how if he lives in our house, Seth and I will die(allergies). She's says, "Well, put him on a leash! Can't you put him on a leash?!" I calmly said no. She said, "Well, if I find him in my yard again, I'm gonna do something to him!" I said, again calmly, no, don't touch my cat. I will call the cops.

She's saying stuff about how it's the law that if I am the cat owner, I am responsible for his actions, blah, blah, blah! She's trying to scare me. I'm not scared because I know full well that there is nothing you can do about outdoor cats who relieve themselves on your stuff(the "Kahn!!! story).

Just then, Jenn comes up, mean-muggin the woman! The lady backs off, and I tell her that I'm sorry Anakin pooped on her furniture, and that I will try to figure something out. As she is walking away, she says that she accepts my apology.

So, my neighbor feels like she did what she came for, and I know that I got her to do exactly what I wanted her to do.....leave me alone.

Now, the kids are all fired up about the lady saying she's going to do something to Anakin and wanting to tell her off, but I know she wont' touch him. She's done. And if she does, I WILL call the cops! And I'M the crazy bitch!?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol thats funny you kkow i didnt even kno that happened just in till today and you know thats crap!!!!!! lol anyways thats ladys just crazy or bored so she has to say some thing about your cat

MrManuel said...

Well, she can't do anything about your cat to hurt it because it would fall under animal cruelty. However, she could call animal control because your cat comes on her property and defaces her furniture. Sure, it sucks for you because there is not much you can do with an outside cat, but it is still in her right to make that call. Be careful.

Crazy Bitch said...

This does suck for me! But I have been feeling like he doesn't get enough attention from us because of the allergies. I have asked around for a new home for him, to no avail. So if Animal Control take him away, hopefully he'll be placed in a home that he can get hugs from. If not, Greg can take care of him for me in Heaven:(

But, mostly I hope she leaves him alone.

Anonymous said...

You are responsible for your cat. I hope you can figure something out before she reports you.

Princess M said...

She can get a bottle of cayanne pepper powder and put it around her yard. The cat comes sniffing around and it wont take him long to figure that yard is needs to be left a lone. I dont know. Thats just what somebody told me. Oh but when it rains, she has to spray it again. Lol!

Princess M said...

You know what would have been funny is if you got down to her kids level and looked them in the eyes and then said in a sad voice, "do you hear what your mom is saying to me? That she is going to hurt my poor little kitty cat? Isnt that sad? It hurts me to know that there are people out there that want to hurt animals and one of them is your own mom!"

Crazy Bitch said...

That would've been GREAT! If only!

Anonymous said...

Outdoor cats are still the responsibility of the pet owner. Yes, if she does do something to the cat that is animal cruelty but you are responsible for what your cat does. I hope Animal Control doesn't take the cat away. That is not the answer. You need to find a home.