Friday, December 29, 2006

Barking Dog (continued)

Well, I called the SPCA on my neighbors. They told me that they haven't had officers to go do warnings, etc. in three years! I HAD to call the County.

It's not called "Sacramento County Animal Control" anymore. It's called "Sacramento County Animal Care and Services." That's good.

I had looked over the fence that morning to see if they had given the barking dog a house yet, but no house. I then noticed that I couldn't see a bowl of food or water anywhere.

When I finally got someone to answer, (I was on hold for over ten minutes just to speak to a person), I reported the problem only after I stated I did not want the dog picked up only to be put down. I told her that the dog has no shelter and perhaps no food or water and barks quite a bit. I told her that I thought the dog would stop barking so much if she had a dog house to go into.

I haven't heard the man beating the dog again, but I have heard him loving her up, (sigh). I did, however, report to the County lady that I had heard him beat her to try to get her to shut up. She said they would be doing a "welfare check." That sounds fine to me. I also told her I wanted to be anonymous. The last thing I need is more troublesome neighbors.

When I am in my warm bed at night, and the wind is blowing hard and cold, or it is raining, I am so very sad for the dog. I hear the clinking of the tags on my little shih-tzus as they mosey around the bed in the dark like tiny cows and I realize how lucky they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is unbelievable that the guy goes out there, pets and loves his dog, then goes in the house without giving it food, water and shelter! Is he that stupid? I hope they visit soon. It has been very cold lately. Poor poochie.

MrManuel said...

I am glad they changed the name. It is more friendly. Care sounds better than control.